Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Stop, in the name of love

This blog is dedicated to my favorite things that, like the Old South, have gone with the wind.

1) Coffee / Heath Bar cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory: This was, in my opinion, the best cheesecake at the Factory. I went with Aaron a few months ago and was so looking forward to the end of the meal, but, Ta-Da! It disappeared! According to our waiter, it wasn't a very popular selection. Whatevs.

2) Chicken Giardino at Olive Garden: Again, "not a very popular selection". That's not an easy excuse to hear. It definitely makes me feel outside of the "We're cool and we order the popular stuff on the menu" clique.

3) Chat Noir: Aaron and I love this restaurant. It is kinda Frenchy and sorta cheesy and they have live jazz on Friday and Saturday nights. We went a couple of weeks ago and, when I tried to order my favorite thing, the waitress told me that they don't have it on the menu anymore, because they're changing the menu, and the whole restaurant, even down to its cute name. And they're turning it into an "American" restaurant. Land sakes!

4) Tropical Dots: So chewy, so colorful, and so much better than the original flavors. Except, I can't find them anywhere. If you spot them around, I beg you, let me know. Or if you buy them for me, I will totally pay you back and include a hefty tip.

5) Candy Corn: No, don't worry, they still make it. But our Stater Bros. only had those pumpkins and caramel candy corn. We asked one of the grocery store guys to check for us, and then caught him wandering around the wrong part of the store like five minutes later.

But, the good news is, Chipotle is still going strong.

How has your heart been broken?

4 comments:

Joe said...

1) Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour in the Cerritos mall. Hasn't been there in years. It was in the location that is right across from the Red Robin. They do have two So CA locations: Santa Clarita and San Diego. We tried the latter and weren't impressed. So not even close to the original.

2) Swenson's Ice Cream in Cerritos off Carmenita and South. (Okay, why is there an ice cream and Cerritos theme going here...). That, too, is gone and is now a martial arts studio.

3) Pup-and-Taco. I only have faint memories of this. I understand that Taco Bell bought them out to mercilessly squash them like a bug.

I guess my memories are old restaurants versus menu items. If I think of more, I'll let ya know!

J.

A.M.R. said...

That guy totally wandered all over. And then when I asked him again, he pretended to not know me and my desire for candy corn.

Honestly, who doesn't carry candy corn in October?

Know what would be the worst? Lollicup without Kiwi sweetener...I'm just saying. I would buy it off the website, hand it to them and say "make this for me".

Low five...

Joe said...

Hey Amanda,

Tootsie apparently still makes Tropical Dots. Check out their site at:

http://www.tootsie.com/dots.html

Someone's got to have 'em. I'll keep my eye out locally around here.

Lindsey said...

Chicken Giardino is the only thing i ever order at Olive Garden, also. and Candy Corn was MIA almost everywhere here this year. The pumpkins AREN'T as good, I don't care what anyone says. Suspicious.

I'm sad that they don't have Golden Spoon or Trader Joe's in Idaho. And that all the coffee shops in town close at 7pm since we moved back. Boo.